Thursday, November 09, 2006

Robot Pig Man Mouse Catcher

I love Steve's blog, I told him that I believed in Tooting Bec magic, but to be honest my faith in this has faded a little. It's as if Steve has picked up where I left off. He seems to be the new protector of the magic, perhaps guarding it until my magic-seeking spirit is restored?

He seems to see Tooting Bec as a place of mystery and enchantment too, and often blogs about the adventures he finds on his trips home. I like that his blog fills me in on the part of his day I miss when he leaves my side, and each morning it reassures me that he got home safely. So much happens on his journeys home that I sometimes wonder if the magic might have left the tube station, and relocated to the bus stops and taxi offices, that he uses in his early hours trips home to Streatham?

Steve once saw off a fox in my living room, with only a cardboard roll sword, and a towel shield. Yesterday he dealt with a mouse that left me, Amy, and Agi screaming, and looking for chairs to jump on. With a glass cup, a page of Time Out, a trip down the road, and manly bravery, the tiny rodent was soon gone. Amy decided he'd left it outside number 16 where schoolfriend, George, lives.

So Steve's my hero. A hero who on one heroic Wednesday can catch mice, hang wall mirrors, cook tea, write cheery-uppy emails, work on his novel, and all this whilst having his heart checked out with wires and a black box. The wires made Amy decide he's a robot.

Steve doesn't read my blog, so he won't know I'm writing about him today. His last email's subject was 'Robot Pig Man - Mouse Catcher'. I don't like the 'pig man' bit, Amy's wrong about his greed at the tea table.... But let me explain the subject heading of his last blog post. My romantic hero boyfriend often uses secret code phrases in his blog, that only I will ever get. Like, 'Big Elephants Always Understand Small Elephants' and also 'Magazines Need More Dogs and Balls'.

As well as the mouse catching, mirror hanging, tea cooking, novel writing, and robotics, yesterday my wonderful boyfriend helped Amy make a collage from old issues of Time Out. Amy insisted on making a picture of dogs and balls. There aren't many dogs in Time Out, yet Steve gamely found a few. And put up with her whining when the dogs were too big, too small, or the same dog as before.

I wish I could write a love letter of a blog to Steve. I wish that he could read this post... But my romantic hero boyfriend, loves me enough to know that I prefer to blog without the complication of him reading this.

So I'm writing a novel in a month, and I think this will be a 50,000 word love story inspired by him. I'm only on 12,471 words. I should be on 15,003 as it's day 9! Keeping to 1,667 words a day is hard work. So far my novel is sad, Steve says his is too. The only thing we agreed about our NaNoWriMo novel plots is that our stories must have a happy ending.

So, I'd better go bash out more words. I want to get closer to the happy 40,000's. I'm especially looking forward to word 49,999, 'The' and word 50,000, 'End'. A happy ending should be easy if it's inspired by my Robot Pig Man Mouse Catcher. At the end of the 30 days I hope we'll be able to celebrating writing some kind of a novel, but if not I hope we can celebrate eight happy months of Tooting Bec magic together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home