Thursday, October 12, 2006

Songs NOT for Steve

Sharing the music I liked with Steve seemed like a good idea. Listening to the songs I liked, and wondering whether he'd like them too, that was fun. Then I decided to write about this as a blog post. Bad idea.

I've never written about music before. I like writing a lot, so writing about my favourite songs as they played was a jolly little writing exercise. So I wrote about 22 songs. That's quite a lot, isn't it? Actually I wrote about even more. Some I didn't even like so much. I was just having fun.

Evil - Interpol

It's a mean song. Grrr... Yes. It's angry. It's bitter. It's nasty. Well what do you expect with a title like that? Music to stomp along in the rain too, muttering obscenities under your breath optional. By the end of it you'll feel better. Or you'll have clubbed someone to death for looking at you a bit funny.

I liked that one. No, not the song. Just the writing about the song. And somehow the 'Steve' bit of the whole song list process got lost. I realised this when I saw that I'd written, 'I just picked this one so you'll go, 'Who the fuck are Dios Malos?' Note the word, 'you' there - not the word 'Steve'.

And on the day I typed all this I was grumpy with Steve. He was in Baden, and we had a kind of email row. So I didn't send him my song list. I published it as a blog post instead. And then I confessed to him that I'd done that. So now I'm a bit stuck. How do I send him a blog post of my song list, for a blog he isn't even allowed to read? And what does this say about my priorities, that I'll share my musical tastes with you lot, but not with him?

We talked about this last night. We had a bad night and nearly split up. (We didn't.) He says he doesn't want to see my song list anyway. Not now. Right. So, not sure what to do. He probably wouldn't like Dios Malos anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home