Friday, September 29, 2006

Cambridgety

Steve and I are going to have a few days together, just the two of us. With Steve's work, my work, and Amy responsibilities, time away together isn't easy to organise. So our two and a half days of 'just the two of us' feels like as much to celebrate as any fortnight in the Caribbean. We once managed to go away together, we took a train and had a night away at Whitstable. This time we're hiring a car and going to Cambridgety. Not Cambridge.

Cambridgety.

I told Steve that I was worried that Cambridge wasn't a very magical place, because our magic places always have silly names. Like Whitstable. Like Tooting Bec. Like, um... Like Steve's team is Trannmere Rovers?

So Cambridgety it is. And Steve tells me, 'If it's not magic enough I know there's a village nearby called 'Shuddy Crumps'. We can always drive there as fast as we can.'

We've been together six months now. I think we'll find some kind of magic in Cambridgety.

There must be some kind of magic at work that I feel happier to be with him with every month that passes. Cambridgety, Cambridgety, Cambridgety, Cambridgety.... Can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home