Friday, October 06, 2006

Viennese Whirls (PS I love you)

I'm chipper today, even though Steve's away. He's gone away to write about the Baden EPT. Although he's not in Baden. He's in Vienna. He doesn't seem to think this is a problem.

He sent me a song to Listen to. The Doors, 'Touch Me.' It's not rude,' Steve said. It's so typical of Steve that he'd say this. It's so typical of me that I just think, 'shame.'

I told him not to worry about being in Vienna not Baden. Vienna is more famous. Because there's a Mr.Kipling cake named after Vienna. Did you know that?

Steve's chatting to me on G-mail now. Worrying because some PokerStars marketing person reads his blog. I told him not to worry. I told him I got away with writing about marketing people's fat bottoms for ages. I suggested his next post should be called, 'Conrad is a bit posh and has a lot of kids.'

I suppose Mr.Kipling must have been to Vienna. If he'd stayed in the next town then maybe Baden would be famous instead of Vienna? We'd all have Badenese Whirls for tea...



One of the reason's I'm in a good mood is work stuff. I work for a very good company, and even though there's lots of grim stuff going on to do with work right now, I'm confident that it'll have a happily ever after. But I can't write about any of that stuff, due to the fat bottom thing.

My bottom is fat too. Just in case you think I'm being 'slimmer-bottomed than thou' about colleagues. I know the bottom thing because I've been trying on lots of new dresses. I need a frock for some E-Gaming awards dinner-thing on Monday night. I came back from my lunch break with my jumper on inside out. I didn't mind about the jumper. I minded that I didn't get a dress. And I'm wondering why I ever said I'd go to this awards thing? But if PokerStars win anything I'll cheer louder than anyone!

I doubt that Steve's company, Gutshot, will be up for any gaming awards at this dinner, but I wish they were. I feel lots of goodwill towards Gutshot right now. I met Steve's boss David at the London EPT, he didn't seem quite how I expected (he wasn't nuts like I thought he'd be) and I would have liked to have chatted to him more. I know Steve's other-boss Derek, who's just treated Steve very well with pay rises, and share offer type things. So all that's good.

And I'd better talk to Steve now. In the 'PS I love you' title, the PS was supposed to stand for 'PokerStars' but really, even though PokerStars and Gutshot are both Very Good Things. I just want to talk to Steve and forget this blog post nonsense...

PS. I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home