Monday, October 16, 2006

Faith

Steve sent me a list of song's he liked. His comment on the song, 'Monsieur' by Thomas Fersen was, 'You don't have to like this guy. And I've built it up a lot haven't I?' He went on to desribe this story of the servant of an assasin, who murders people when he feels miserable. The servant tidies up after him, and tends the roses. Steve said about this French singer, 'He writes really great stories that I wish I could do, and think you probably do already.'

Of course I love Steve for liking good music, and for his thoughtful reasons for liking these. And I like his faith in me, that one day maybe I could write something as good as a story about the servant of an assasin, and roses, and bees...

Il étrangle son semblable dans le Bois de Meudon,
Quand il est inconsolable, quand il a le bourdon...
A la barbe des voisins,
Qui le trouvent sympathique,
Monsieur est un assassin, je suis son domestique.

I don't speak French, so Steve had to translate for me. I have the week off work, and I decided I'd try to write a novel when Amy's at school. We'll see. I have big ideas, but so far I've just written lots of emails, several unpublished blog posts, and I've turned the monkey in my title the right way up. That monkey's been annoying me for ages. I'm trying to convince myself that a right way up monkey will put me in a positive frame of mind for creative writing.

We'll see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home