Monday, November 06, 2006

Diversion

8,865 words now. We said we'd write till 10.15pm. I thought I'd blog less when I was doing this noveling challenge, instead writing blog posts seems easier than bashing out the next novel plot twist. It is 'bashing out words' not writing, and that's the idea - 50,000 words in 30 days, no thoughtful editing allowed. The rules state, 'Turn off your Inner Editor.' I do love the freedom of this seat-of-your-pants approach to writing. Not-even-knowing-which-pants-you're-wearing is justifiable. My personal target tonight is 9,000 words. And it should be reachable because I do have some plot in mind. I just don't know how to get there from the bit of the plot I've stopped at now.

Steve is typing away. I can see his dense paragraphs. We're not looking at each others work at all, except in a squinting at it, blurry kind of way. I can see he has dense paragraphs, and he's commented a few times on the sparse text he sees when squinting at mine. "Ooh, double spacing!" He just said.

So far a side effect of this novel writing challenge is drinking lots, and listening to iPod playlists. I've discovered I like Steve's music, and he seems to like mine. And we both like bashing words out on a keyboard, whilst drinking and listening to iPod music. When we finish the night with a good quota of words it feels great to hug and chat about it all. So I'd better bash at my novel, not my blog some more. I want to earn a hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home