Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Platform for Art poster stickers. Dancing monkeys - Tooting Bec (4) and Oxford Circus (3) Tigers - Tooting Bec (5) Tooting Broadway (1)

Alongside the escalators at Tooting Bec tube station there are many posters for 'Platform for Art' an initiative to bring art to tube travellers. I like this idea, and 'Poems on the Underground' too. Although I think it's a shame that all the Platform for Art posters are the same design, I've seen these same posters at Balham, Clapham, Oxford Circus and Tottenham Court Road stations too.

The poster shows a row of explorers in a snowy place, perhaps Antarctica? The walkers are in single file, and this line of people with their feet raised high look like they're dancing. The title of the photo is 'Walking Dance'. This poster has given me an idea for a stickering challenge. At the back of this line of explorers, there is surely room for one more...? I'm going to see how many dance-stickers I can add to these posters. I'll try to add one to every poster that I see, and I've seen lots of posters so I'll be busy! I'll keep count, and let you know how I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home