Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lidl catalogue collage stickers, Kings Cross

Steve is soon heading to Vegas to cover the most exciting poker tournament there is. I'm visiting my Mum in York and we're going on holiday to Whitby, my favourite Yorkshire seaside town. Steve and I should both be happy about leaving London for a while, but we're not. We were enjoying our coupledom far too much, a three week interruption isn't welcome at all.

Hopefully I'll write some of my screenplay when I'm away, but I doubt I'll get chance to update my blog. More likely I won't write anything much at all, just spend time entertaining Amy. She's taken to whining every time she sees me use my laptop.

Today when she whined, she and I made collages. I picked pictures I liked from the Lidl catalogue, and some funny slogans about the products, and made silly mixed-up stickers. 'That's Cheap!' 'Egg Cream with Vanilla' 'Available in various cute designs'. Aw, hard to describe, you have to see them, they made me smile...

To prevent myself going bonkers with boredom as a Mum I have to get creative. Amy and I often make stickers, or invent games, or draw little books. The latest big hit is 'Mr.Polar Bear's Ice game'. Amy loves drawing the board game pictures, Steve came up with the idea of using coloured ice cubes, my contribution to the fun seems to be a habit of landing on the square that means I get an ice cube down my back. Future versions of this game will see this square abolished. We've already lost the cat litter sprinkling square. I'll miss drawing that picture of Dolly doing a poo...

It's all very well adapting the game in the developmental stages, but Amy seems to invent the rules half way through the game - depending on the size of her ice. If her ice cube is big, avoiding the salt trials and hot water dunkings, she claims last one to melt is the winner. If her ice cube is tiny, and then she lands on a square that means she can hold, shake, or blow her ice cube to death, she claims first cube to melt is victorious.

It's all good fun, I like making things and playing games with her. I just wish I didn't have to do it quite so much, and why does it always seem to be when I want to be doing something else? It's that timing again. Like trips to Vegas, and holidays on the beach, that would be fun, if only...

Perhaps Steve, and Amy and I will be happy when we're away anyway. I'll do my best. I wonder how many people pack ice cube bags alongside their toothbrush and bras when they go on holiday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home