Monday, May 22, 2006

BT still smell of poo (but I don't really care)

I thought I'd get my internet set up today, instead some BT engineers came, plugged in their router and laptop and demonstrated that the internet worked perfectly for them. They wouldn't look at my internet set up, or consider why it wouldn't work for me. That was a different department.

I was left to self-diagnose my broadband problem. After spending £6 on a new DSL cable that made no difference to my no-green-light problem, I decided the router had to be faulty. It took me 45 minutes on the phone to India to persuade the help desk people of the same conclusion. I now have to wait 3-6 days to get my new router.

I miss the internet, but this is only a minor stress. I don't really care. Life is good. I feel as happy as I've ever been. This makes for dull blog posts I'm afraid. Things do still keep going wrong, I could write about the going-wrong stuff? I know I would have written about these in the past, but these days I don't feel as bothered by anything. When I get stressed or upset I simply talk to Steve, or else send him a sorry-for-myself text or email. He says reassuring stuff and always has the magic words to make me feel better. We soon end up laughing about Ikea ice cream, or Waitrose muffins, or any of our many other secret code words for being happy and in love.

Yes, my head has turned to mush, and my blog has become blog-mush too. And I don't particularly want to find a cure. Long live mush! I just wish everyone had mush in their lives. I like mush! I do realise how lucky I am.

I wrote a long blog post about Saturday at work, and how PokerStars should operate on some kind of communist system as my colleagues sometimes do a better job than I do. I might still post this, not sure... Steve thinks I might get a pay cut if I do..! I don't think I care, it was a mushy 'I love PokerStars' post. It's true. I do love PokerStars, I can't help it, any more than I can help my ginger writer boyfriend head-mush.

I was also going to write about my Ikea bed, and the way Ikea have the perfect number of silly names like 'Fardte' and 'Snotte' to make the shopping experience fun, yet not silly enough to distract you from your serious decisions. Their designers are very clever, don't you think?

And I feel like I should probably write something about Steve meeting Amy. This happened on our 2 month anniversary Ikea trip, and I cooked blue cheese pasta afterwards. The meal, and the meeting were uncomplicated, I wasn't even stressed by the thought that I'd never cooked for Steve before. Why was I worried? I liked when Amy said, 'Why are you smiling, Mum?' Then turned to Steve and said, 'He smiles all the time too.'

So, yes... there's stuff I would have been desperate to blog about in the past, but I have 25 minutes before I have to pick Amy up from school, and I have ideas for my new screenplay that I need to write down...

Mush-blog life is dull today. Perhaps it's because entertaining writing is about conflict? Perhaps happiness is doomed to make dull reading?

I don't know. And I don't care. I'm too busy being happy to debate all of this... Sorry readers. Maybe I'll get miserable or broken hearted and write a better post tomorrow?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Perhaps it's because entertaining writing is about conflict? Perhaps happiness is doomed to make dull reading"

This is a great quote. Remember it when you write your screenplay!

Glad all is well

Dom

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home