Thursday, December 07, 2006

Numbers


I'm not superstitious at all, but I do like the number 5. It's my 'favourite number' not a 'lucky number'. Although I do believe in it's magic.

I suppose it's magic like tigers on tube posters, and stickers, and Tooting Bec itself. I realise that I'm always looking for magic, and wanting to believe in it, rather than that it being actually real. But then again I think that looking for the magic might be the magic. I don't know. And it's right that I don't know. If you could pin down and define magic, then it wouldn't be magic, would it?

So I look for meaning in things sometimes. Like the number 5. And other numbers have meaning's too don't they?

Do you know that if you look at a random pattern of anything, it's human nature to try to see a face? So perhaps it's something like that...

So I have this special date. It's 15/12/05. Or in the american style 12/15/05? It doesn't matter which. It was a bad day. And I try to find some meaning in it's numbers, as if that will help me make more sense of it. So I decide 1 means alone, or else single. 5 means magical significance. 1 again (explained) then 2, meaning a couple. 0 meaning nothing, zero, just a blankness. 5 again for that special magic. And somehow that makes sense in my head. More than if the number was 21/08/06 or 9/14/03. Because I do believe in magic. Not always happy magic. And thinking 15/12/05 might mean something doesn't help me to deal with it any better than if I believed in Jesus and saw his likeness in a slice of toast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home