Saturday, April 29, 2006

Too much to say...

There's too much to say about my new relationship. Steve moved to Streatham today, and this is just down the road! I'm so happy for him because he has a place of his own after sofa-hopping adventures in homelessness; but mostly I'm just excited because he's just down the road! We had a happy, silly, fun early date at Streatham ice rink, and sat for ages eating pink cake at a friendly cafe that seemed to stay open until 11pm just for us. Now he's just down the road(!) and I really want to see him now! I'm so happy he moved just down the road!

I can't believe I ticked him off for moving so close to me, pointing out that his office was the other side of London, it would have been practical to consider things like that, particularly as we've only been dating a month. Yes, only a month... But it's been a special, wonderful, happy, amazing month. I think he's the sensible one for moving just down the road(!) and I'm the crazy one for telling him all the time that we need to be 'calm and cool' about this. That's become our joke, the 'calm and cool' thing. Neither of us feel in any way calm or cool, and I know he doesn't want to do 'calm and cool' at all. I love him more for trying 'calm and cool' just for me, and for joking about it, and for turning it into one of our special, magic phrases. I know every couple probably has secret, magic, words , but I've never had this many with anyone else before. So many shared jokes, shared smiles, shared happy times.

I find myself cooking tea and thinking about the way I feel, crazily attempting to define love as I stir a pan of pasta sauce. I came up with 30% excitement, 20% dreams, 20% laughter, 20% empathy, 20% crazy-headfuck-motherfuckery-amazing-mad-amazing-indescribable stuff... And I think I have the ingredients for love just about right, but the pasta sauce got ruined because I forgot the garlic, and used far too much tomato puree.

Got to go, he sent a text about Innocent Smoothies. Magic words again, so I turn into a fairytale princess who believes she'll live happily ever after...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home